Assistants And Secretaries Advanced Skills Training
Assistants and Secretaries Advanced Skills training course teach you how to develop the advanced skills and flexibility needed in your role.
As assistants and secretaries gain the experience, they may advance to more senior roles with greater responsibility. For example, an entry-level administrative assistant may become an executive administrative assistant or an office manager. If you would like to advance as an administrative assistant, you should apply yourself to learning more about your company’s operations and enhance your skillset with certifications or degrees.
In some cases, motivated administrative assistants may move to other departments within their organization, such as accounting or information technology. Gaining formal qualifications in one of these areas will improve an administrative assistant’s chances of transitioning.
Administrative assistants who stay with the same company and learn all they can about it, rather than pursuing opportunities at different organizations, may find their loyalty rewarded with advancement opportunities.
Working as an administrative assistant is an excellent choice for people who’d prefer to enter the workforce rather than continue studying after high school. The broad range of responsibilities and industry sectors employing administrative assistants ensure that this position can be exciting and challenging. Start your search for a significant administrative assistant role today.
After completing this Assistants and Secretaries Advanced Skills training course, assistants and secretaries will learn advanced skills. It will also teach them how to develop and enhance their social intelligence. It will help them to adapt to the manager’s working style. Lastly, it will enable you to represent your manager if necessary.
Once you attend this course, you should look forward to obtaining the below course objectives:
- Be able to be more proactive in completing the task
- Adapt better in your manager’s style and strategy
- Be skillful in dealing with others while maintaining professionalism
- Be more assertive and confident with your rule
- Learn how to prioritize
- Manage time effectively
- Communicate better
- Manage meeting successfully
- Coordinate with style and personality
- Learn how to be a team player
- Have better email and phone etiquette
During this course, participants engage in learning in theory and practice the duties of an administrative assistant. This interactive course includes activities to enhance learning and develop practical skills. The course involves the development of skills and knowledge that the job of an administrative assistant demands. These include developing social intelligence, flexibility, management skills, people management skills, business writing skills, and prioritizing tasks.
Lesson 1 – Introduction
- Workshop Objectives Explained
Lesson 2 – The Effective PA
- Role Defined
- Please define your role
- What is your takeaway for today?
- Competencies of an Elite PA/EA
Lesson 3 – Working with your Manager
- LDP Review – Communication Evolution Tool
- Ok, so that’s thinking and doing…. How about communicating?
- Adjusting your Style for a Better Approach
- Activity: In Pairs
Lesson 4 – Handling Difficult and Demanding People in the Workplace
- Four General Intents shaping Behavior
- What drives Behavior
- Coping techniques for Difficult and Demanding Managers
- 7 Types of Difficult Managers and Colleagues to Manage
Lesson 5 – Negotiation with Multiple Managers vs. Tasks, Tasks vs. Managers
- Should I negotiate or say NO to the task
- Should I say YES to the person but NO to the task
Lesson 6 – Managing the Office
- Delegation below, sideways, and upwards – 10 Rules for Successful Delegation
- Delegating to Profiles
Lesson 7 – Social Media Management
- 9 Steps to help you manage social media
Lesson 8 – Social Media Management
- Distress vs. Eustress?
- Causes of Stress
- 4 Major Signs and Symptoms of Stress
- Are you feeling the fire?
Lesson 9 – Reflections
- Create an Action Plan
- Accountability = Action
Lesson 10 – Wrap Up
- Words from the Wise
- Lessons Learned
Download the course PDF now!
Download Course PDF