Completed Staff Work Training
Completed Staff Work (CSW) is a comprehensive and systematic process of analyzing a problem, recommending solution, and thoroughly presenting it to the supervisor to be either approved or disapproved. Employees are expected not only to present problems or concerns to their supervisors but most importantly to provide recommendations or proposed action for the supervisors to consider.
This workshop is intended to equip the GSIS employees with skills in the study, analysis, solution and presentation of issues, proposals, and recommendations to enable GSIS executives to make an immediate and intelligent decision.
In this training-workshop, participants will learn the essential components, processes, and techniques in preparing a CSW. This will also further enhance the research proficiency and analytical aptitude of the participants
At the end of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Know and appreciate the doctrine of the completed staff work.
- Know and understand the roles and responsibilities of each person in the workplace.
- Learn how to determine and write the problem statement and scope of work.
- Understand the impact of our communication.
- Learn how to deliver service with heart.
- Learn the different parts in documenting the results.
- Learn different techniques in elicitation.
- Apply the principles learned.
Lesson 1: Introduction
- What is Completed Staff Work (CSW)?
- Doctrine of CSW
- Principles and Characteristics of CSW
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Attitude and Skills needed to do
Lesson 2: Prepare
- Define/Write the Problem/Issue Statement
- Identify the stakeholders
- Identify and know the decision-makers
- Determine Scope of Work
- Identify the work breakdown structure
- Develop Plan/Schedule
Lesson 3: Develop
- Gather/Elicit Information
- Document Research
- Focus Groups
- Develop and Assess Options/Alternatives
- Gap Analysis (As – Is : To – Be)
Lesson 4: Communicate
- Prepare Report/Papers
- Report/Result of Study
- Information Papers
- Position Papers
- Coordination Papers
- Decision Papers
- General guidelines
Lesson 5: Tools and Techniques and CSW
Lesson 6: Issues and Concerns in the CSW processes
Download the course PDF now!
Download Course PDF