Effective Negotiation Skills Training
Effective Negotiation Skills are required every day when communicating within any business or organization. You constantly negotiate – with colleagues, employees, clients, and business partners. EFFECTIVE NEGOTIATION SKILLS TRAINING helps you become a better negotiator.
Negotiation is a method by which people settle differences. It is a process by which compromise or agreement is reached while avoiding argument and dispute.
In any disagreement, individuals understandably aim to achieve the best possible outcome for their position (or perhaps an organization they represent). However, the principles of fairness, seeking mutual benefit, and maintaining a relationship are the keys to a successful outcome.
Negotiations frequently occur between coworkers, departments, or between an employee and employer. Professionals may negotiate contract terms, project timelines, compensation, and more. Negotiations are both familiar and important, so it’s helpful to understand the types of negotiations you might encounter and how to improve your negotiation skills.
Effective Negotiation Skills training course addresses all three requirements by providing practical negotiation techniques applicable in various situations. While gaining proficiency in negotiation requires practice, this course will provide you with tips for thoughtful pre-negotiation planning. It will also allow you to work in pairs or small teams to prepare for situations that require negotiation.
In this Negotiation Skills training course, you will learn theories and obtain the opportunity to apply them to different scenarios.
- Explain the basic types of negotiations
- Learn the phases of negotiations & gain the skills necessary for successfully negotiating
- Apply basic negotiating concepts (WATNA, BATNA, WAP & ZOPA)
- Lay the groundwork for negotiation
- Identify what information to share & what information to keep to yourself
- Master basic bargaining techniques
- Apply strategies for identifying mutual gain
- Demonstrate how to reach a consensus & set the terms of the agreement
- Deal with personal attacks & other difficult issues
- Apply the negotiating process to solve everyday problems
- Negotiate on behalf of someone else