Train the Trainer Course
“The only thing worse than training your employees and having them leave is not training them and having them stay.” — Henry Ford, Founder, Ford Motor Company
Train the Trainer course by ALPs’ content is practical and grounded in the real world. It is also not just academic theory. But, this program focuses on what happens before, during, and after you deliver training. Train the Trainer course will teach you what to do to overcome challenges in the whole training life cycle.
Training is a dynamic and colorful world—understanding models of the best practices and latest techniques in training delivery. You will discover the 4Ps of training: Purpose & Assessment, Planning & Preparation, Presentation & Facilitation, and Performance & Evaluation is always an adventure.
New trainers need a strong foundation in critical training skills. At the same time, seasoned trainers will need to be introduced to new approaches for delivering powerful training.
This course is a 3-day train the trainer course that will help you build on your existing instructional skills, giving you multiple opportunities to evaluate and improve how you design, conduct, and consider a training event. With a strong focus on presentation skills and training best practices, you will gain valuable feedback from experienced facilitators in this practical and constructive learning environment.
This program is for technical and soft skills trainers, training officers, and managers. It is also helpful for human resource and personnel managers who want to assess the training needs of their teams. It will ultimately help them choose the best methods and design and evaluate relevant and appropriate programs. This is a good foundation for subject matter experts who will be tapped as trainers.
- Understand the training cycle
- Identify and determine the need for training—what, who, and how
- Define clear and effective learning objectives
- Design participant-oriented learning materials and exercises
- Apply adult learning concepts, develop a supportive environment and customize off-the-shelf materials
- Utilize training activities and alternatives to lecture
- Planning for different learning needs and creating effective probing techniques
- How to be prepared for a training session
- Evaluate how to foster learning
- Manage and encourage participants of all backgrounds and learning styles
- How to handle challenging participants and behaviors
- Presentation and facilitation of a training program, including use of audiovisuals and handouts
- Evaluating program impact at different levels using a variety of methods.
- Identifying the five levels of evaluation